Helix is a premier decentralized crypto exchange built on Injective that supports both spot and perpetual futures markets. A spot trade is a transaction of buying or selling assets at the current market rate, known as the spot price. You can make spot trades on Helix through the trading page interface.
Now let's assume you have some USDT in your Trading Account, and you would like to trade for some ATOM.
Step 1: Select a spot market to trade
On Helix, click Trade > Spot from the navigation bar.
Choose the spot market you want to trade on which is ATOM/USDT in this example.
Step 2: Make a spot trade on Helix
Choose the type of order you want to trade, either a Market or Limit order.
- Market orders are executed at the current market price. For example, if you order 1 ATOM at the market price then this order should be immediately filled at the market price.
- If you want to buy at a price lower than the market price, or sell at a price higher than the market price, then you should choose the Limit order.
Next, enter the amount you want to trade.
- There're four percentage numbers (25%, 50%, 75% and 100%) shown next to the Amount field, which indicate that it will allocate the selected percentage of your funds for the order.
- You can either choose a percentage or just simply input a desired number as the amount to trade.
Click on Buy or Sell, submit your order and approve it with your connected wallet.
Once the order is submitted and approved successfully, you will see a notification "Your order has been placed".
Step 3: Check your trade activity
You can always check your trade activity on Helix at the bottom of the trading page or on the Activity > Spot Orders page, including open orders, order history and trade history.
- The "Open Orders" section shows the orders that have not been executed completely yet. You can click the cancel button if you need to cancel your order.
- The "Open History" section displays a record of your filled and canceled orders.
- The "Trade History" section only shows orders that have been filled.